Video walk-through of RSpec
If you already do spectroscopy and want to see how RSpec compares to your current software, watch this fast-paced video: mp4 or Flash. This isn’t a tutorial video, so fasten your seat belt and prepare to be amazed by how easy it is to process your spectra with RSpec.
Tom recently conducted a well-received, hour-long, hands-on workshop to almost 100 attendees at the joint SAS/AAVSO Symposium.
Now you can experience the workshop first hand!
Download the working files from this link. If you don’t already have a copy of the software, install a trial version from this link.
Then follow along in the video below. Let us know your experience. Were you able to follow along? Can you suggest some improvements for our next workshop?
Each release of RSpec also comes with a video tutorial that walks through the new features You can view those videos by clicking on any of these links:
1. Getting Started. mp4 or Flash
2. Capturing a Spectrum. mp4 or Flash
3. Calibrating your Spectrum. mp4 or Flash
4. Customizing the Profile Graph. mp4 or Flash
5. Saving, Exporting, and Printing. mp4 or Flash
6. Improving your Profile by stacking (Frame Averaging) mp4 or Flash
7. RSpec’s Focusing Tool. mp4 or Flash
8. Translating RSpec into a new Language. mp4 or Flash
9. How RSpec uses your chip’s multiple cores. mp4 or Flash
10. Adjusting Image Quality with the Histogram. mp4 or Flash
11. Combining Single Images into a Video. mp4 or Flash
12. Update 1 – Binning, FWHM. mp4 or Flash
13. Update 2 – Enhanced background removal, 2nd Y-axis for Reference, Horizontal Align/Calibrate. mp4 or Flash
14. Update 3 – Element Library, Manual dispersion entry, French/German support. mp4 or Flash
15. Adjustment for Instrument Response (part of Update 3) mp4 or Flash
16. Update 4 – Live Library Preview. mp4 or Flash
17. Update 5 – Live Spectrum Synthesis. mp4 or Flash
18. Normalizing for enhanced synthesized spectra. mp4 or Flash
19. Update 6 – Slant, FWHM, Frame Rate Enhancements, Element Library. mp4 or Flash
20. Non-linear Calibration – using more than one point to calibrate in Angstroms. mp4 or Flash
21. Update 7 – Live Video Cropping, Preserving Profile Appearance, expanded Element Library. mp4 or Flash
22. Update 8 – Enhancements to the Appearance screen, Most Recently Used file selection, full 32-bit FITS processing. mp4 or Flash
23. Non-linear, One-Point Calibration – (part of Update 8 ) mp4 or Flash
24. One-point, Linear Calibration Revisited – This video doesn’t show any new features, but shows how to calibrate an unknown object in day-to-day operation. mp4 or Flash
25. Update 9 – Zooming, negative flux, Dynamic scaling of Reference profile. mp4 or Flash
26. Update 10 – Vertical call-out lines, equivalent width, enhancements to delete points. mp4 or Flash
27. Update 10b - Pixel map, Color-fill of profile. mp4 or Flash
28. Update 11 – Smooth dispersion setting. mp4 or Flash
29. Calibrating a spectrum captured on a slit spectrometer. mp4 or Flash